Sunday, January 25, 2015

Great weekend!

Some weekends are greater than others...but what makes it so great?

Well, this is some of my best wishes!




A lovely winter day.....the sun is there, but so soft....
...the snow is cold.....



The snow sparkles and the ski trail leads out into nature.
A few hours in the sun and lovely exercise gives energy to sew and create something new in the studio.

Back at home, after a shower......and a cup of coffee.







The progress on my ''Curvy ladies'' is slow .... the top is ready but I would love to work with the surface to get the quilt expression more exciting.
 I've used fabric paint and splash and dripped onto the fabric. Scary ... it was difficult to control the outcome.

I have to do some thinking before continue......so

 Why not make some flower arrangements?







 I've bought a large armful of tulips, cherry twigs, bamboo and bulbs.
It's so much fun to use various vases and bowls
 and make small floral artwork. 
Working with color and shape and feel that spring
is coming soon enough. 






This is the result ..... standing on the table with a table top made of concrete that I did last summer.






Happy Quilting!
Margreth




2 comments:

  1. Hi Margreth! Wonderful post! Winter and snow with blue shadows are so beautiful! I'm happy for you to enjoy sking and being outside even in winter. Curvy ladies look exciting! I can imagine it was scary to put paint, but also then to stop - I think I would paint too much just because it's so fun.
    Beautiful flowers, too, I love tulips! Have a great week x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sent kom vintern men jag längtar redan efter vår. Härlig vintersnö och vårliga tulpaner.
    Louise D

    ReplyDelete