Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Great fun!

It has been a great fall...with a lot of work and joy as well.
I have a lot to tell you!

Quilts has been made and classes held in Quiltköping and Sunderbyn!

First I tell you about the great event in Quiltköping. 
Gunilla Plesner is a fantastic lady who organice this event in Lidköping called Quiltköping.

A Great event for us quilters...a lot of shopping,exhibitions and classes!

And I had the privilege to be invited as a teacher this year.





This event took place in september and I had two classes.
 Sew a chair is a class practicing to sew from a simple sketch without templates and specified dimensions. A sort of free manner to form a block, in this case a chair. 
The ladies in my class managed to sew all these chairs!

Great work!






 My second class considered how to transfer an image to fabric.The students worked  concentrated to transfer their images to fabric using a kind of medium.
 An exciting project that does not always succeed based on the image and paper quality.

But there were a lot of interesting results.





 An exampel from the exibition is Ulva Ugerups amazing small textile pictures of  ladies.
 Small lovely work with funny, determined, angry yet positive messages.

 I love them!!


Until next post..

Thanks to all my students, you were great!!!

Happy Quilting!
Margreth

1 comment:

  1. Those chairs would look great all sewn together! Fun idea. :D

    ReplyDelete