Monday, July 26, 2010

A quilt with barns



This is a quilt that I made some years ago. I walked in the fields with my camera photographing many, many barns before starting the quilt. Exploring a various combination of colurs drawing and painting with water color paints. First I made a quilt with barns in the colors of early spring and then this one in summer plumage. I find the barns very beatiful and I like the old grey wood and timber. It's like they have a soul and a story to tell! It is culture buildings that gradually laps and disappear. The quilt is quilted by hand and with some embroidery and appliqé. The fabrics that I used for the barns are printed with old wood from barns wich I painted with textile color. It really was a fun projekt!







Well, today I have been in the studio all day machin quilting. Not my favorit job!!! But it has to be done.
Tomorrow I will ad embroidery and buttons and.... all that make the quilt sparkle!!!!! How it looks???
You have to be patient...

2 comments:

  1. Spännande att se vad detta blir tycker Louise D.
    För att komma till din sista blogg, hur gör jag?
    Det är alltid den första jag fann som ploppar upp! Alltså får jag bläddra genom de tidigare inläggen. Det känns som det tar för mkt tid att komma till den senast-
    Kram Louise D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hej Louise!
    Vad kul att du kollar min blogg! Jag är nybörjare på det här men det är riktigt kul! jag hoppas att du har det bra och du syr förstås en massa roliga saker.Vore kul att se vad du gör! Varför du får upp mitt första inlägg vet jag inte riktigt men går du in på adressen
    www.quiltbloggen.blogspot.com Hoppas att det funkar! Kram Margreth

    ReplyDelete