Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!



                  I wish all of you......A Happy New Year! 

I think back on the past year and I'm happy and greatful for all that it brings. Now I'm looking forward to a new year with challenges and experiences...... some of them in my Studio.
I hope that creativity will flow.
I made no New Years resolution but I have a few goals!
Many hours in the Studio......run halv marathon in Göteborg ( hopefully faster than last year).....
go to France..... visit a Quilt event?.....and of course spend time with family and lovely friends.

Speaking of creativity.....there has been some occasions in the Studio..between food...hugging children... coffe time.....skiing....walks.....reading...and...and...

I made two designs just befor Christmas....a lot of thinking...colors..expression..
No..I'm not ready to start!

How about?

A roll of lovely fabrics from Me & My Sister that talks to me....but what to make of it?






                   I started without a clear idea of the result........one block....then something?....
                   I think the colors spoke mostly...or?





........maybe this isn't a  succesfull way to work..but it's exiting and developing.
I know that it can turn out to be a disaster! ......but what ever!.....I think we all have some unfinished works
 that we hide somewhere..and try to forget.
Well ..go for it!

I publish this and continue this aimless piece of work.......FUN!

                                                                              Margreth

1 comment:

  1. I love what you are doing here!
    I am new to quilting and love free piecing. I've been playing with my Christmas fabrics the last few days and have several very oddly shaped wonky block bits. I managed to cut four into 12.5inch blocks but I'm still not sure what I want to do with them.

    I like what you've done better... working with strips of fabric. Have fun!

    Do you make an ENORMOUS mess when playing with scraps? I cannot believe how very trashed my sewing space gets!

    ReplyDelete